eduNext.Abroad Call
eduNext.Abroad SMS
Home About Us SiteMap Contact US

Visa Process may vary for different countries. The documents they require may vary as some country require complete 6 months bank statement while other country may not. But in most cases, you will have to meet certain immigration requirements. Nationals from many countries are required to obtain an entry visa or certificate before going to their desired country. They can do this at the respective country's Embassy, High Commissions or Consulates. Nationals from countries where an entry visa is not compulsory such as some Commonwealth countries should also consider applying for entry clearance before leaving home.

After All, if the university gives you the admission to study the program you applied for, they will send you a letter of acceptance, which is the legal form that denotes that you are admitted & eligible for applying Visa.

The immigration laws of the different countries permit foreign students to come to their countries to attend school at many academic levels. Their schools can get authorization from the Immigration and Naturalization Service to admit foreign students and to issue documentation allowing students to obtain nonimmigrant student visa classification. This document is called the letter of acceptance. Upon receipt of the letter of acceptance, an application to Immigration and Naturalization Service for the student visa is filed.

To know the exact visa process and documents required for the particular nation then it is better to visit the respective links at the navigation on the left.

Three Types of Visa for International Students

  • A language course visa, which cannot be subsequently converted into a student visa. It is valid only for the duration of the course.

  • A three-month study applicant's visa, which is valid if you have not yet obtained university admission. After admission, it must be converted as quickly as possible into a resident permit for student purposes at the office for foreigner's affairs.

  • The visa for study purposes, valid for one year. In order to obtain this visa, you must provide proof of admission and financial support for the duration of study.


Even though the Embassy of different country requires different documents to issue student visa, these are the common documents required by most of embassy's.

1. Completed Visa Application Form of respective country where student intent to study.

2. Passport valid to travel abroad and with a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant's intended period of stay in that country.

3. Colored Photographs, showing a full face, without head covering with any cap, hat or sun glass against a light background. Power glasses are accepted.

4. Letter of Acceptance or Enrollment Letter issued by the respective university or college.

5. Original TOEFL, IELTS, SAT, GRE or GMAT score sheets (As applicable).

6. Students going to the respective countries to earn a Bachelor's degree or Master's degree should bring their most recent mark sheets or graduation certificates.

7. Students going the foreign country to earn a Ph.D. degree should bring their original undergraduate degree and post graduate degree mark sheets/Transcripts.

8. Spouses and minor children accompanying the student to the foreign country for their study should bring marriage certificates, wedding photos, and birth certificates with them to the interview, to prove the relationship between themselves and the principal applicant.

9. Demand drafts for the applicable fees, financial documents (Bank Transaction and Certificates), Property Valuation and Chartered Accountants Certificates as evidence to show availability of enough fund to support the education.

10. No Objection Letters to study abroad issued by the government of your own country.

11. Character Certificates, Police Reports as evidence to show that you are not engaged in any criminal activities.

12. Recommendation Letters from professor who have taught you.

13. Accommodation Letter as evidence of accommodation.

14. Evidence of confirmed flights to and from that country where you intend to study.

Qualified Education Agent Counselor AAAOE AAERI

We thank you for the support extended-R. Anil Kumar

We advise our friends to approach only edunext - Sanga Mitra

We thank you for the support extended-R. Anil Kumar

We advise our friends to approach only edunext - Sanga Mitra

Copyright 2010 EduNext Abroad. All rights reserved. Subscribe    Bookmark and Share

Overseas Education, Study Abroad, Study in USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, Germany