eduNext.Abroad Call
eduNext.Abroad SMS
Home About Us SiteMap Contact US
Working while study
Part-Time Work/Jobs

Employment opportunities for international students are limited in USA. Students should not plan on earning substantial money from a part-time job to help pay their studies.

On Campus

Though international students are allowed to work on campus, these jobs are often difficult to obtain and do not provide sufficient funds to sustain education costs. Students with good academic standing have a better chance.

Off Campus

It may be possible to for students to avail of limited off-campus employment, which is subject to strict regulatory guidelines. It requires approval from US Immigration & Naturalization Service. This approval is not easy to get and depends on a special need

Working after Studies
Optional Practical Training (OPT)

After completing the studies, F1 Students are eligible to apply for up to one year of paid experience called OPT. This visa allows students to gain work experience in their chosen career.

To be eligible for this a student must be on F1 status for a minimum of nine months and the OPT application must be filed at least 90 days prior to completion of their studies.

OPT Extension for students for 17 months:

This new rule allows students who received a Bachelor's / Masters or Doctoral degree in Science, technology, Engineering or Mathematics (STEM) field to apply for a 17 months extension of their OPT

Curricular Practical Training (CPT)

CPT is an employment option available for F1 students where practical trainings employment is considered to be an integral part of the academic program. Curricular practical training is defined to be alternative work/study, internship, cooperative education, or any other type of required internship or practicum that is offered by sponsoring employers through cooperative agreements with the school. Students who have received one year or more of full time curricular practical training are ineligible for post-completion academic training.

H1B Work Visa

The H1B Visa is the official and primary USA work visa / permit available to people from all over the world.

The US Government introduced the H1B visa to offer and enable highly skilled International Professionals and/or International Students, from all over the World, the opportunity to live and work in the USA.

The H1B is the most popular and sought after US work visa and US Immigration requires 'every' foreign national to obtain a visa in order to legally work in America.

One of the main advantages of the H1B visa is that it is a 'dual intent' visa which means that you can apply for a Green Card (Legal Permanent Residency).

The H1B visa is typically valid for up to six (6) years and entitles spouse and children to accompany the main applicant

Qualified Education Agent Counselor AAAOE AAERI

We thank you for the support extended-R. Anil Kumar

We advise our friends to approach only edunext - Sanga Mitra

We thank you for the support extended-R. Anil Kumar

We advise our friends to approach only edunext - Sanga Mitra

Copyright 2010 EduNext Abroad. All rights reserved. Subscribe    Bookmark and Share

Overseas Education, Study Abroad, Study in USA, UK, Australia, Canada, Ireland, New Zealand, Singapore, Germany